In Cinemas March 31

Thursday, March 30, 2006

INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION: A note from producer Pippa Cross


Dear all, especially all the international bloggers.

It has been wonderful to watch the response to the film and to the issues on the blog, and in particular to watch the map of the world alight with people who care enough about what happened in Rwanda in 1994 to engage with our film and its message. It is a big moment for the film in the UK - it opens in cinemas on Friday, mostly in the major cities to start with, but soon to follow elsehwere.

But it is also part of our job to ensure that the many enthusiastic distributors worldwide, who have licensed the film to play in their territories, receive as much support from us as we can offer, and we are in touch with many of them regarding promotion, materials and of course connecting them with the worldwide audience now using this blog. Post specific requests and we will try to answer them

The film will eventually be seen in nearly every country in the world. Which is really important to us as it sends a strong message to Rwanda that we can all share in their pain and in their progress forwards.

We still need to secure a distributor in the United States and will be pushing hard on that one in the coming months, so keep the lobbying going please!

On a less global note, this film is hitting cinemas just as the UK Film Council's new digital network starts to come truly on line - I had the pleasure of watching Shooting Dogs at the Hawkhurst Kino last week, projected digitally, and it was a really good 'cinematic' experience, and a full house. Make sure you clamour to get it programmed at any new digital venue near you please

Pippa Cross
Producer

7 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are the Japanese Distributor of SHOOTING DOGS. Our theatrical release is next February at Roppongi theater chain in Tokyo.
This is due to the fact that Hotel Rwanda just opened last month here to a
great success of over $1million gross and we feel we should
give some lead time for SHOOTING DOGS which is by far a better film.

We can predict that if US release is secured by December, John Hurt will
be nominated for an Oscar.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us know what we can do to "lobby" for the film here in the U.S.!! I work with a major American NGO dealing with Central Africa and would love to know what I could do, if anything, to move things along. Post some advice when you get a chance!!

Many Thanks
Megan Shaw, Washington, DC

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

I look forward to seeing this film in the US someday! As a young filmmaker involved in human rights I have the utmost respect for anyone who puts their heart and soul into making films with a conscience. Film is a medium for reaching the hearts and minds of the masses with stories and issues that are pressing, urgent, and human.

I am actually the president of Amnesty International at my University here in Massachusetts and am a student filmmaker. If you ever need help with a grassroots word of mouth campaign here in the States please do not hesitate to ask, my AI group and my filmmaking friends would be more than happy assist the goals of fellow independent filmmakers and empathetic citizens with a conscience.

peace,
Mercedes
Massachusetts, USA

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this film through CNN and was hoping that it would be in the United States soon. I've studied the Rwanda genocide a little, and we are now covering it in my International Relations class.
I hope that your film is able to gain a US supporter. If you need any help I know that I can get a bunch of people in Topeka to join the fight and lobby for this film. Just let us know what we can do and we'll be willing to help.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my name is Eddy and I've been my self working in the shooting dogs as an (ART PROPPS 1),and I knew it was going to get a huge and much succes than any other movie I've seen in my life.I've been inspired by SHOOTING DOG so actually I'm in Sweden and study the movie making.I used to tell my friend about shooting dogs but they never believed me until the day when they saw comments on Swedish tv this 1may and recieved this mornig 25 calls of my friends telling me that I was right about SHOOTING DOGS .I am so excited to see the movie that I worked in get much succes´´WOW´´ now I send my greetings to everyone who has been in the SHOOTING DOGS crew saying that you must be proud of the job you have done. Eddy Munyabarenzi

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my name is Eddy and I've been my self working in the shooting dogs as an (ART PROPPS 1),and I knew it was going to get a huge and much succes than any other movie I've seen in my life.I've been inspired by SHOOTING DOG so actually I'm in Sweden and study the movie making.I used to tell my friend about shooting dogs but they never believed me until the day when they saw comments on Swedish tv this 1may and recieved this mornig 25 calls of my friends telling me that I was right about SHOOTING DOGS .I am so excited to see the movie that I worked in get much succes´´WOW´´ now I send my greetings to everyone who has been in the SHOOTING DOGS crew saying that you must be proud of the job you have done. Eddy Munyabarenzi

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our organization has been involved in Rwanda for 7 years, and would love to see this film come to the US! Any updates on a distributor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs Blog Directory & Search engineListed in LS Blogs Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Genocide Intervention Network Entertainment Blog Top

Sites